Car Hire for Golfers. We specialise in cars that fit your clubs
Hiring a car for your golf trip? We have cars that are ideal for golfers right around Europe.
Finding the right car rental deal for your golf break or day out can take time - but we have drawn together the most popular cars, vans and people carriers our golfing clients prefer. Whether it's just a couple of you on a day out or a large group of golfers heading for the sun we have the cars for you.
Our car hire comparison service is designed to be more flexible when it comes to vehicle types, with a far greater range of 4x4s, SUVs, People Carriers and Passenger Vans, all of which we find appeal to golfers. We are also unique as we are the only car hire comparison service which also compares car hire excess insurance as well - saving you money twice over!
To ensure you get the right car hire package for your golf trip please do bear our following top tips in mind.
- Most golf insurance policies exclude theft of your clubs from an unattended vehicle. If you think there is any chance you are going to want to pop into the shops, drop into a bar or leave the car unattended elsewhere on your way to or from the course we would suggest you hire a car which will enable you to ensure your golf clubs and other golfing paraphernalia is hidden from view as you travel around.
- Golf insurance policies also exclude any liability for your clubs if they are on a roof rack - so it's best not to rely on this as a means of getting your clubs from the airport to your accommodation.
- Car hire excess insurance (which covers your liability for the first part of any claim you might make in the case of damage to or the theft of your vehicle) can be very expensive if bought from a car rental firm or broker. We often see it costing £15 per day. Much cheaper is the car hire excess insurance available independently - it covers vehicles with up to 9 seats - worth bearing in mind if you need a couple of vehicles to accommodate your golfing party.
- If you are not likely to drive many miles, consider cars displayed when you select our 'fairer fuel' filter - this means you only pay for the fuel you use, rather than paying your rental firm for a tankful and potentially returning the car to them half full. As golfers tend to hire larger cars or minivans with larger fuel tanks this can mean big savings.
What's the best vehicle for your golf trip?
- Mini / Economy: Useful for the smaller party if you intend to rent your clubs whilst golfing. Otherwise there is little chance of you fitting your golf bag into the vehicle without it being on full view to passers by.
- Compact: Normally fine for a set of clubs, although, even if there are just two of you, you are likely to be using the back seats (as well as the boot) to get a set of clubs and your bags from the airport. Typical cars are the VW Golf or Ford Focus.
- Larger Saloon cars: Ideal for a couple of bags of clubs, particularly if you look for a Standard or Full size vehicle. Good as they normally allow clubs to be locked in the boot.
- 4x4 and SUVs: Great for their flexibility - and designed to look good as well as being practical. Be aware that whilst many come with a screen to hide what's in the back this is not always the case.
- People Carriers: More room still in the back - and with the flexibility of allowing you to put down some or all of the back seats to increase your luggage (and golf club!) space still further. Once again, remember that the screen which can be used to hide what's in the back can sometimes be missing.
This content was last reviewed on 04/01/2017