0800 520 0699
(or 0118 321 8197)
Monday to Thursday9am - 6:30pm
Friday9am - 5:30pm
Saturday9am - 5pm
Sunday & Bank HolsClosed
Search for Car Hire Insurance

Looking for something specific?

Use our search tool to browse our database of frequently asked questions!

FAQ Section > Car Hire Insurance FAQs >

Can I purchase your Excess Policies if I am not a resident of the UK?

We explain whether you are able to purchase a car hire outside of the UK, and how it works.

Many policies on the MoneyMaxim car hire insurance service are available to expats, non UK residents and citizens with homes both abroad and in the UK. However some companies do apply restrictions - particularly if you intend to hire in your home country. We would suggest you run a comparison selecting your country of residence, we'll then show you insurers who will cover you.

Finally, before taking out your policy, quickly check the terms and conditions to ensure they have not changed since we last updated our site.

CompanyDetailsCurrencies AcceptedMore Info
carhirexcess.comUK residents only through our link to the UK site (and ROI on the Republic of Ireland site) In country cover is provided to those residents.£ on UK site € on ROI siteFind out more...
Direct Car ExcessOnly available to residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands and Isle of Man. In country cover is provided.£Find out more...
icarhireinsuranceCovers residents of most countries who require UK or European cover. Only EEC / EEA residents covered for trips outside Europe. In country cover provided to UK, EEC / EEA residents.£ $ €Find out more...
insurance4carhire.comCovers residents of UK, Jersey, Guernsey, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands and Spain. In country cover is provided to those residents.£ $ €Find out more...
QuestorCovers residents of United Kingdom (including England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man),Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. £ $ € Aus$Find out more...
BettersafeCovers UK residents only. In country cover is provided.£Find out more...
Worldwide InsureCovers residents of any country except China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. Deluxe policies include cover for rentals in home country. £Find out more...

The car hire insurance policies offered through our site are bought by residents of countries worldwide, from Spain, Ireland, Portugal, France and Italy in Europe, to Australia and New Zealand. We also have a number of customers from Russia, They are also popular with US and Canadian residents looking for car rental excess insurance whilst on a visit to either Europe or Australia and New Zealand.

Countries who are members of either the EEC or the EEA Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.

This content was last reviewed on 23/02/2017

Similar Questions

General Car Hire Insurance Questions

Excess Insurance Questions

Questions on CDW & SLI Policies for the USA and Canada

Combined Worldwide CDW, SLI & Excess Policy Questions

Car Hire Companies - Insurance Questions

Driver related Questions

Car Rental Keys Questions