Motor Fleet Insurance - Compare Business and Family Fleet Insurance with MoneyMaxim
Find specialist insurance for your fleet of vehicles with MoneyMaxim.
If you own or run a fleet of vehicles (and that can be any number from two upwards) you should be looking at a motor fleet policy. It doesn't matter whether you have cars, vans, limos or lorries (or indeed a mix of vehicles) fleet insurance can result in a big reduction in your insurance costs.
By asking for a quotation for your motor fleet insurance there will be a number of brokers and insurers competing for your business. Not only will this allow you to compare costs and premiums, but it will mean you can compare different features of a range of policies and tailor them to the type of use you require.
Without seeking quotations from a number of companies in this way you may not be aware of all the options open to you. Often a single company or broker will only make you aware of the details of their particular policy.
To get the widest choice of quotations simply fill out your details below or alternatively, if you prefer, call for a quote over the phone. Companies able to offer telephone quotations include Autonet (0800 080 5295 quoting reference 9032) or Insurance Choice (0843 2270120).
Features you may wish to consider when buying motor fleet van insurance policy could include the following:
- Can previous no claims records on individual policies be taken into account? Many insurers will take into account previous good driving records.
- Would a mini fleet policy suit you better? These are specifically designed for fleets up to 5 vehicles.
- Would you like to cover directors' private vehicles? These can normally be covered and means they can be used by any driver.
- Can you implement age restrictions? If all your drivers are over 21, over 25 or over 30 tell your insurer. Limiting drivers to those more experienced can cut your motor fleet insurance costs.
- Do you want different levels of cover on different vehicles? If you have older vehicles in your fleet, limiting cover to third party fire and theft can reduce your overall premium.
- Would a Declaration Fleet policy suit you better? These are designed for companies with large and constantly changing fleets. Changes to your vehicles only need declaring 3 or 6 monthly saving administration for both insurers and policyholder.
- Are discounts available if a Tracker has been fitted?
- Are there discounts for Datatag fitting?
- Do you need motor fleet uninsured loss insurance? - this covers costs related to an accident that may not be covered by your policy as standard. Things like any excess payable under your policy, the hire costs of replacement vehicles, personal injury claims or loss of earnings / business lost / income reduced.
- If you are a member of a trade body can your policy costs be reduced?
One of the advantages of using this service is that you will be able to discuss in depth with an insurer your motor fleet insurance needs - so always ask them whether there are any amendments you can make to the policy that will reduce your costs. You may find that a 'benefit' that is worthless to you can be removed, thereby reducing your premium.
This service is operated on our behalf by Seopa Limited.
This content was last reviewed on 17/09/2019