01183 218197
(+44 118 321 8197 from abroad)
Monday to Friday10am - 4:00pm
Saturday, Sunday & Bank HolsClosed

Initial Disclosure Document

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)

(February 2022)

The FCA is directly responsible to HM Treasury for regulating the conduct of business for all authorised and regulated firms. We are required to provide this document for you to review and decide if our services are right for you.

What services will we provide you with?

We will provide you with details of firms that might be appropriate for your Insurance, Financial, Mortgage and Utility supply requirements. You will not receive advice, or a recommendation from us, but we will either ask questions to narrow down the selection of firms offered, from which you can more easily make your own choice, or publish information that might make it easier for you to find appropriate companies.

What products do we offer?

Car, Van, Motor Bike, Home, Car Hire Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, Wedding, Gadget and Travel Insurance

We identify potential suppliers from a panel of insurance companies and insurance brokers - we will happily supply a full list of companies we use for any particular area upon request. As we may make assumptions about you when calculating prices, possibly such as your medical history or place of residence, we cannot promise that the price an insurer will eventually charge you will be the price we display. However, the quotes that you receive should be accurate enough to let you identify which companies are most likely to offer you a competitive premium.

Life Assurance and Mortgages

We would normally expect to refer you to specialist advisers who offer whole of market advice, free of charge, who will supply you with their own Initial Disclosure Document. If we become aware that you may need services that these advisers cannot provide we may suggest others, but will explain to you if any fees are likely before we make that introduction so that you can make an informed choice as to whether you want to proceed.

Other Non-Comparison Insurance Services

On some of our web pages we will offer you the chance to transfer to a third party provider who may be able to help you obtain the quotation you want. This gives you flexibility and choice. The link we offer will show you who you will be transferred to. Whatever service you choose, once you leave our web site you will land on a third party's web site. We cannot be responsible for the third party's service.

Gas and Electricity

We compare prices from all gas and electricity suppliers in the UK.

Other Non FCA Regulated Products

We either offer selected products we consider to be competitive, or suggest companies who might be able to help you identify services that will meet your needs.

What will you have to pay us for our services?

We do not charge for our services. We may be paid an introduction fee by companies we might introduce you to, but we may not as we feel it is our first priority to offer you a service which is highly relevant.

Who regulates us?

MoneyMaxim is the trading name of MoneyMaximiser limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our firms reference number is 496690. You can check this on the FCA's Register by visiting the FCA's website or by contacting them on 0800 111 6768.

Other services we offer are not regulated by the FCA however the Financial Ombudsman Services has now been extended to handle some complaints under the Consumer Credit Act.


We are an independently owned company and not influenced by suppliers of services in any way. This ensures our impartiality.

What to do if you have a complaint

If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us:

  • in writing to MoneyMaximiser Limited, Suite 8, Market House, Market Place, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG40 1AP.
  • by e-mail to info@moneymaximiser.co.uk
  • by calling 0118 321 8197

In the event a complaint remains unresolved after 8 weeks you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)

As with all firms directly authorised by FCA dealing with Retail Customers, MoneyMaximiser is covered by the FSCS.

This is the body established to operate and administer the compensation scheme, set up by major insurance companies, to compensate consumers when authorised firms are unable, or likely to be unable, to satisfy claims against them.

Compensation limits vary dependent upon the type of insurance claim. Compulsory Insurance (e.g. motor insurance) is covered for 100% of the claim with no upper limit. Non-compulsory insurance (e.g. home and general insurance products), is covered up to a maximum of 90% of the claim with no upper limit. Insurance advice and arranging insurance will also be covered up to 90% with no upper limit.