Our panel of insurers can help protect you, your business and your staff against a wide range of risks.
You can put together an insurance policy designed for your business needs. Many of the insurers on our panel offer specialist areas - after all a local butchers is very different from an online shoe store.
These are just some of the items you may want to include:
- Buildings Cover - To protect you should there be damage to your property.
- Contents/Stock Cover - This is the main area of your business. If you lose your stock it will need to be replaced.
- Business Interruption Insurance - After a flood, for example, you may not be able to trade which means no income.
- Cash On Premises Cover - Do you keep cash in your till overnight?
- Public Liability Insurance - Covers claims from customers should they be injured while in your store.
- Business Legal Protection - Any type of legal action can cost a lot of money.
- Goods In Transit - You are a baker and on the way to a venue, a wedding cake is ruined. How will you cover replacing the cake or compensating the customer?
- Product Liability Insurance - If a product you sold is faulty and causes damage it can be very expensive.
- Personal Accident Insurance - This covers you. What would happen if you had an accident which meant you couldn't carry on with your business until you had recovered?
The only legal requirement for business insurance within the UK is Employer's Liability insurance which you must have if you employ any staff at all.
It is all about risk. What would happen if there was a fire at your bookstore? If a customer was injured while having a manicure? If your delivery van was involved in an accident?
You may find that certain professional bodies or trade associations require a type of insurance in order for you to be a member so bear that in mind.
A massive advantage of using this service rather than approaching just one broker or insurer is that you will benefit from talking to a wider range of specialists, find out about different benefits available and understand your shop insurance options fully.
Click on the green 'Get A Quote' button above and we will select from our specialist panel of over 35 insurers - those who focus on your type of business and will be able to assist you in your search - and ask them to provide their best quotations for you.
You do need to be aware that many policies have a range of exclusions so read the policy's terms and conditions and accompanying paperwork carefully. You do not want to find out about it when you come to make a claim.
It is, however, well worthwhile asking insurers as to changes you might make to reduce premiums. Additional security or shutters might be a worthwhile investment but you won't know if you don't ask.
This service is operated on our behalf by Seopa Limited
This content was last reviewed on 01/12/2021