01183 218197
(+44 118 321 8197 from abroad)
Monday to Friday10am - 4:00pm
Saturday, Sunday & Bank HolsClosed

Car Insurance for Expats and foreign residents looking to insure in the UK

Moving out of the UK to another European country for over 6 months? We have specialists who can help you find the right solution for your insurance.

Motor Insurance

If you have moved abroad to retire, live or on long-term secondment and not retained your UK driving licence then you may be alarmed to find that your years of driving experience abroad does not count from a UK insurers' point of view. Luckily, we have specialist insurance brokers who can help.

You may now hold a non-UK driving licence and want to get insured for a car that you keep in the UK or have bought for an extended stay. Short term insurance may be an option but if not Moneymaxim can help.

This combined with the challenges of finding an insurer who understands the issues facing someone driving a foreign registered car, on a foreign driving licence with little or no insurance history in the new country can mean finding insurance is problematic.

But we can help - we have a panel of insurers who can help in different circumstances, so, if you tell us a little of your situation, we can put you in touch with the company most likely to be able to help you. We have insurers who specialise in cars which are non-standard for the country, (say right hand drive on the continent), modified vehicles, motorhomes, classic cars, high value cars and more.

Our insurers can help wherever in the world your driving licence was issued but, unfortunately, we cannot currently help if you are retired, unemployed, a house-wife, house-husband or a student. We are also restricted in occupations and cannot cover anyone working in the building trades; factory workers; hospitality; catering; retail; personal trainers or professional drivers.

Image courtesy of: stockimages at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

This content was last reviewed on 06/10/2021