Gadget Insurance for Teenagers and Young Children - Find Great Cover Fast
Looking for gadget insurance that will cover use by your children? - Try these companies to find your ideal policy
There is nothing more frustrating than putting a search into Google for children's gadget insurance and being presented with a list of companies who cannot help you - so use our shortcut to the companies who really do offer gadget insurance covering younger family members.
We love our gadgets and so do the kids and many under 18s now own smartphones, iPads or other tablets. Smartphones are often included "free" on two year contracts but if something bad happens to them you discover just how much they really cost. It therefore makes a lot of sense to insure your gadgets. But most insurance companies have big problems with youngsters using expensive vulnerable electronic devices and simply won't cover anyone under 18 or under 16.
You may have cover for yours under your home insurance's accidental damage but a dedicated gadget policy has many advantages:
- Home insurance excesses tend to be quite high, often £200-£300 which means it's often not worth making a claim for under £500.
- If you do make a claim on your home insurance, you may lose your valuable no claims bonus, making your home insurance more expensive for years to come.
- Your home insurance may not cover your gadget when it is away from home.
- Gadget insurance can usually cover European and Worldwide use so you don't need to get your gadget covered on travel insurance when you are away from home.
- Specialised gadget insurance covers things normally not covered by home insurance such as breakdown if your gadget is out of warranty.
- Policyholder must be 18 or over and a UK resident
- No minimum age for family members with Household Gadget Insurance
- Cover between 3 and 10 of your family's gadgets
- Worldwide cover
- Accidental damage, Liquid damage, Theft, Unauthorised Calls, Breakdown
- Add Loss cover from £1.50 per month on selected items
- Only covers gadgets under 36 months old when you take out the policy and the 1st item registered must be under 6 months old, 2nd under 12 months old.
- No limit to number of damage claims but only 2 for loss/theft in a year
- Damage excesses: iPhones up to £100, Other phones up to £100, iPads: £50, Laptops £75 and Macbooks: £125, Other gadgets: £50
- Additional excess of up to £50 for loss or theft claims may be applicable.
- Students at university covered
- Policyholder must be over 18 but all members of family living at your address covered.
- No minimum age for family members
- Register unlimited number of items with up to £1,500 cover per year
- No registration required for items worth less than £150
- Claims excess of £50 per item
- Cover for portable electronic devices such as MP3/4, games players, satellite navigation equipment, Mobile phones including iPhones, laptops, PDAs, cameras and camcorders
- Cover for Laptops, desktop computers including base unit, keyboard and mouse, desktop printers and scanners
- Worldwide cover for up to 90 days
- Mobile phone blocking included
- Repair or replacement cover for mechanical or electrical breakdown of your items following expiry of a manufacturer's warranty or guarantee
- Your no claims bonus on other insurance not affected
- Maximum of two claims per rolling 12 months
- Gadgets must be under 3 years old when registered, unregistered gadgets not covered over 3 years old
- 14 day waiting period - no claims allowed within 14 days of policy start date or Gadget registration
This content was last reviewed on 15/10/2019