01183 218197
(+44 118 321 8197 from abroad)
Monday to Friday10am - 4:00pm
Saturday, Sunday & Bank HolsClosed

Andrew Daniel

Andrew leads our Operational Team and is our expert when it comes to all the ins and outs of car hire excess insurance.

Travelling to South Africa with children? Take their birth certificates!

Children travelling to South Africa will need to take their birth certificates and be accompanied by both parents or legal documents proving parental consent.

New anti-child trafficking measures being introduced by South Africa mean UK visitors travelling with their children will need to take more documentation with them.

From the 1st October 2014 anyone entering or leaving South Africa with a child will need to be able to show the child's full birth certificate.

Furthermore if the child is not accompanied by both parents named on the birth certificate the travelling parent(s) or guardian(s) will need to produce parental or legal consent for the child to travel. So either an affidavit from the other parent, a court order or death certificate as appropriate.

Need a copy of the birth certificate? You can order them online from the General Register Office for England and Wales, General Register Office for Northern Ireland or the National Records of Scotland

Further information can be found on the Foreign an Commonwealth Office Travel Advice