GDPR Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Do I need daily or annual Car Hire Excess Insurance?
0800 520 0699
(or 0118 321 8197)
Monday to Thursday9am - 6:30pm
Friday9am - 5:30pm
Saturday9am - 5pm
Sunday & Bank HolsClosed
Search for Car Hire Insurance

Looking for something specific?

Use our search tool to browse our database of frequently asked questions!

FAQ Section > Car Hire Insurance Frequently Asked Questions > Do I need daily or annual Car Hire Excess Insurance?

My car hire is for 31 days. Should I take a daily 31 day car hire excess insurance policy or an annual policy?

We explain when you may want a daily car hire excess insurance policy and when you may require an annual policy.

For a trip of this length it's a no-brainer. Buy the annual policy. It will be cheaper for this hire and will cover you if you rent again later in the year. Most annual car hire excess insurance policies will cover any number of car hires of up to 31 days each and, in some instances, up to 65 days.

You are likely to find an annual policy is cheaper than single trip policies for trips of around 17 days or longer. If you are going on multiple trips across the year and will be hiring a car for these then you may find it better value in the long-term to purchase one annual policy instead of numerous single trip policies.

If you have any further queries please contact our customer advice centre either by online chat or over the phone within our office hours and we will be happy to help you.

Compare car hire insurance prices with MoneyMaxim

This content was last reviewed on 13/05/2019

Similar Questions

General Car Hire Insurance Questions Answered

Excess Insurance Questions Answered

Questions on CDW & SLI Policies for the USA and Canada Answered

Combined Worldwide CDW, SLI & Excess Policy Questions Answered

Car Hire Companies - Your Insurance Questions Answered

Your Driver related Questions Answered

Car Rental Keys Questions Answered

Excess Insurance Questions Specific to Countries