0800 520 0699
(or 0118 321 8197)
Monday to Thursday9am - 6:30pm
Friday9am - 5:30pm
Saturday9am - 5pm
Sunday & Bank HolsClosed
Search for Car Hire Insurance

Looking for something specific?

Use our search tool to browse our database of frequently asked questions!

FAQ Section > Car Hire Insurance FAQs > Car Hire Insurance Baggage Cover

What is Personal Effects Cover (PEC) and do I need it?

We explain exactly what Personal Effects Cover is, and whether you should consider choosing a policy which includes it in your car hire insurance.

This covers loss of possessions which are locked (and out of sight) in the car. Make sure you understand your obligations when leaving belongings in the car.

Worthwhile considering if your travel insurance either does not offer this cover, or you do not have sufficient 'all-risks' cover for belongings on your home insurance policy. But this cover appeals most, in our experience, to those renting in their home country when they wouldn't necessarily have travel insurance in place.

Companies offering PEC are detailed on the MoneyMaxim car hire insurance service.

Compare car hire insurance prices with MoneyMaxim

If you have any queries do call a member of the MoneyMaxim car hire insurance team.

This content was last reviewed on 16/10/2018

Image courtesy of: Centralasian

Similar Questions

General Car Hire Insurance Questions

Excess Insurance Questions

Questions on CDW & SLI Policies for the USA and Canada

Combined Worldwide CDW, SLI & Excess Policy Questions

Car Hire Companies - Insurance Questions

Driver related Questions

Car Rental Keys Questions