0800 520 0699
(or 0118 321 8197)
Monday to Thursday9am - 6:30pm
Friday9am - 5:30pm
Saturday9am - 5pm
Sunday & Bank HolsClosed
Search for Car Hire Insurance

Looking for something specific?

Use our search tool to browse our database of frequently asked questions!

FAQ Section > Car Hire Insurance FAQs > How do I get Car Hire Excess for Two Groups?

What if I need a policy to cover two groups?

MoneyMaxim explain what you need to do when you want to insure more than one hire car.

Under most circumstances, getting a separate policy for each car will be the easiest and safest option. Most car hire insurance policies allow for a number of additional drivers to be covered as long as they are on the rental agreement.

However, if you are renting with close family and wish to take an annual policy, many car hire excess policies have discounted 'family and partner' or 'family cover' options which allow close relatives to be covered as if they had the policy themselves. Do read the terms and conditions carefully though for the definitions of who can be covered and also whether the policy is restricted to one hire car at a time.

When running a quote through MoneyMaxim, to filter for these types of policy, click the button at the top of the page for 'Show policies allowing more than one driver to rent cars independently of each other'. Read through the policies carefully as some such as Eversure, Worldwide Insure and Reduce My Excess will only cover one hire car at a time. These will not be suitable if you need to hire more than one car in the same time period.

Compare car hire insurance prices with MoneyMaxim

This content was last reviewed on 16/05/2017

Similar Questions

General Car Hire Insurance Questions

Excess Insurance Questions

Questions on CDW & SLI Policies for the USA and Canada

Combined Worldwide CDW, SLI & Excess Policy Questions

Car Hire Companies - Insurance Questions

Driver related Questions

Car Rental Keys Questions