Cork Airport Car Hire
Find cheap rates for both car hire and car hire insurance from Cork Airport. With all the major rental brands you can locate the best deals!e from Cork Airport, with all the major rental brands you can locate the best deals and maximise your savings!
If you are going to be flying into Cork Airport (ORK), it is worthwhile considering hiring a car. Hiring a car from Cork Airport is the most convenient way to get you and your luggage to and from the airport, and will also give you freedom during your stay.
Cork is a modern, vibrant and diverse city which was named the European City of Culture in 2005. With so much going on in Cork, it is a great idea to hire a car, as it will allow you to travel around the city without having to rely on public transport. Cork is also an excellent base to travel from, and renting a car will give you freedom to visit other areas of Ireland.
Cork Airport Car Hire - no excess car hire a speciality
MoneyMaxim is a leading comparison site for car hire in the UK, and we have access to hundreds of car rental firms and brokers. We can compare all the rental deals at Cork Airport in order to secure you the cheapest and most appropriate car hire available. Use our comparison service or call our team on 0800 021 0699 (free from a UK landline) for expert advice about which deal is best for you.
We will make sure that you will get affordable all inclusive car hire from Cork Airport for your holiday. We are the first place to look when you want excess insurance. With excess insurance, you don't just insure your excess, but also protect yourself against fees for damages to your rental car's wheels, tyres, glass, mirrors, underbody and roof. Some companies will even cover lost keys or misfuelling!
All this means that your arrival in Cork will be a lot less stressful, allowing you to spend your flight thinking about what you are going to do during your stay, rather than worrying about facing a battle against the car hire teams at the airport who try to pressure you into their extortionately priced products.
The widest choices in Cork Airport Car Hire!
Find the best car hire in Cork Airport Bringing you the widest choice in Cork Airport car hire offers does mean you have decisions to make. To make your life easier we have listed below some of choices you have!
- Best Cork Airport Car Hire Stations - At most airports there are a range of car rental options. Most convenient are in-terminal desks, but often companies also offer car rental from either out of terminal or off airport sites, which can require a bus to get to. If it's important to you, do read the individual offers from companies and watch out for where in Cork Airport the rental station is situated. Although most are situated in the arrivals hall, it is worth double checking!
- With excess insurance or not - many car hire firms include Collision Damage Waiver packages which still leave you liable for a sizeable 'excess' payment if your car is damaged whilst in your care. And pretty much every firm leaves you with the responsibility for damage to glass (including lights and mirrors), wheels and tyres, roof and underbody. We offer a wide range of excess insurance protection policies, which also cover the exclusions above so you can be fully covered for just a few pounds, meaning you will not be left out of pocket!
- Fuel Rules - Companies can include one of three 'fuel' policies - Full to Full, meaning the car will be full when you pick it up and you should fill it up before returning it. 'Empty to Empty' - the car will only have minimal fuel on arrival, and you should return it empty, or Full to Empty which means the car will be full on pick up but you should return it empty. Probably not an issue if you are in Cork for some time but if you are only renting your car for a few days you may wish to avoid companies who have this approach. The 'rules' are normally detailed on the car rental firms website, especially if they are not 'Full to Full'.
- Mileage limitations - most Cork Airport car rental deals offer unlimited mileage but not all - so, if you are planning on doing a lot of driving, make sure the deal you are looking covers your requirements adequately
- Consider your 'optional' extras - your Cork Airport car hire firm will be happy to supply child seats, insurance, personal accident insurance, sat nav and more - but do read our 'Cutting the cost of Car Hire Extras' article on ways to avoid these charges! And if you have any queries, questions, problems or issues don't forget we have a fantastic team ready to look after you.
Cork Airport Guide to Car Hire and Car Hire Desks
The practical side to Cork Airport Car Hire The following companies are represented in the Arrivals Concourse:
- Enterprise (pre-book only!)
Although there are 6 rental companies operating in Cork Airport, if you don't find what you want, you can always compare car rental firms located in the city of Cork. Although Enterprise is the only company that strictly needs pre-booking, it is a good idea to think about pre-booking your rental car regardless. Reserving a car will save you stress upon arriving at the airport, as you will not have to contend with pushy salesmen and the difficulty of comparing prices. Pre-booking your car means that you can relax and enjoy your journey!
This content was last reviewed on 21/08/2019